Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twenty Twelve

Everyone always posts things about the new year. They have their resolutions, their new found ambitions, and they think they have found a love for exercising. How often do these things get "checked off" by December? Usually they are forgotten goals that tend to be given a second chance the following year. I am guilty of this.

I don't make new year resolutions every year, but I did this time around. No, I am not planning on running 50 pounds off, and I don't want to eat better. Let's get real. I'm a college student...I eat my peas and carrots, but I also play Dew Pong. Within the next 365 days (ish) I would like to be better at my morning prayers, serve more, and be like my mama.

She is an amazing woman. She used to always say, "I want to be like Ashton when I grow up..." boy has she blown that out of the water!! She is such an example to me. There have been times where I'd be, almost jealous, because I felt she had better goals than me, she was doing more good, she could cook anything and not get upset if it didn't turn out right, she always looked so pretty. It would discourage me. But now I see, she was just setting the perfect example for me the whole time, wether she knew it or not. I've always looked up to my mom, but now that I am older I see how much she has helped me with the little things by making me envious. I get competitive and I wanted to be better too. I am making better goals, I hope I'm doing more good, I am willing to attempt making something a second time around, and I actually get dressed into clothes other than sweats (except for my dance days).

This year my mom has set some amazing goals. By the end of the year, she is going to be the most saint-like person on Earth! I am tempted to copy her (but change things to suit me, of coarse). I hope that when I become a wife and mother with my own children I will be as good as her.

I want to be like my mom when I grow up...

1 comment:

  1. You are still my example Ash. I'm still growing up and trying my best to be like you. I love you Ashy!!!

    ReplyDelete