Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heros

In institute we covered Emma Smith (my hero) for just a brief time. I always have liked her and loved hearing about her and her story...but... When we were talking about her on Monday, I felt the spirit so strongly. I want to be like her. I want to have the faith she had and the strength she had. The things that woman did blow my mind. Can you imagine leaving everything, your husband is in jail, and you have to take four kids (two of which cannot walk yet) and travel to a place you've never been over a frozen river...WALKING?! I know God put me on Earth at this time, because I'd complain and cry the whole way. Or just wait for someone to carry me. (: She was called "an Elect Lady" God loved her and thought highly of her. She created music, started the Relief Society. What didn't she do?!

Who is your hero? Do you ever wish you could talk to them? Ask them how they did it? Or tell them thanks? Think about what you'd say to them. How can you become more like them?

Be someone else's hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment